Omni Pools and Scapes is seeking a Construction Field Supervisor to join our award-winning design/build division. Omni Pools and Scapes is seeking a motivated individual who will help with the continued growth of the company. This position is responsible for the overall build out of our high-end pool projects, including client meetings, execution of project plans, scheduling and supervision.
If you are interested in a career with great opportunities for advancement and have experience in construction management this job is for you. We will provide you with the opportunity to learn the science of working with outdoor projects, with being outdoors and making things happen – we would love to talk to you!
Responsibilities of the Construction Field Supervisor
- Schedule subcontractors, employees, equipment and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Oversee and direct outdoor projects from conception to completion.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Direct crews plus any subcontractors.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones. Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques through consistent training.
- Provide most recent plans and/or documents to field staff at the beginning of the day and provide instruction to ensure crew leader and crew are prepared to complete the job.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis, observing organization of work, identifying and resolving project issues and taking necessary actions to ensure quality and timely completion
- Report daily activity on app-based software
- Participate in daily crews start up
- Attend and contribute at assigned weekly company meetings
- Contact Customers prior to job start, introducing yourself and your crews, giving start dates and updates as needed
- Assist Operations Manager weekly with current project statuses
- Be available for immediate communication with crew foremen during work hours
Qualifications of the Construction Field Supervisor
- Associate degree, high school diploma and/or equivalent education and experience in landscape or construction related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in construction, including experience supervising work crews as a foreman or crew leader
- Knowledgeable in use of equipment and tools, from large earth-moving machines to hand tools
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding all the facets of the installation process for construction
- Ability to plan and see the “Big Picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management – make positive
- Leadership and team building skills
- Time management skills